The intrepid three went to a second Suffolk pub this week! This was a visit to the King's Head, Hadleigh. We were accompanied by our wives for an evening meal - and very good it was too. I enjoyed some excellent lamb koftas, followed by some local (almost blue) rib-eye steak; I am told that the belly of pork, which came with what looked like excellent crackling, was also excellent. Between us we finished off the pub's supply of Claret - that is until the wholesaler provides more; and that was very good too. Also in the pub were many friends and acquaintances enjoying food and drink in an excellent atmosphere - much conversation, no music, all age groups, helpful friendly staff.
One of the four chefs on duty last night was 'prepping' for a week of seafood delicacies this coming week. If you are in the area and like seafood (including local 'Colchester' oysters) then I would recommend a visit.
Saturday, 8 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment